This is a design for a Mermaid that I've been working on for a while now. It is similar to a design I completed a few years ago of a Merman.
I drew and painted the design using tones of blue. This has started to be my usual way of working when I intend to make a reduction lino print. It helps to work out the tones for the different cuts, even when the colours end up very differently. I've made this a very varied edition but mainly either blue, brown or green. I started with 22 but I have ended up with an edition of 15. Curse those inky fingers!
The lino was mounted onto 6mm MDF.
I used the same frame to hep me register the print as I have been using on a bigger print of an otter that should also be finished soon.